Tis the season to get outside and run. Whether you are a seasoned runner or need a little motivation to get going registering for one of the many races in central Ohio is a great way to keep motivated with your training. Whether you are racing for fun, fitness, or training for a marathon there is a race for you in Columbus Ohio in spring 2018. Even better, many of these support great causes as well! Here’s a list of some of our favorites:
- The Clover 5K Saturday 4.7.2018- Sponsored by the Franklin County all funds help support the Franklin County Walk & Serve, a Central Ohio community service event that benefits local nonprofits and the populations they serve.
- Clintonville 5K Saturday 4.14.2018 – Benefiting Clintonville schools, you can get some exercise, shop with a variety of vendors, check out the non-profits, and grab a bite from a food truck, while also helping to provide much-needed resources for the students at Whetstone High, Dominion Middle, Clinton Elementary, Indian Springs Elementary, and Indianola K-8.
- Capital City Half Marathon Saturday 4.28.2018 – Funds raised from the 2018 OhioHealth Capital City Half Marathon will be used to purchase and train additional therapy dogs, and provide ongoing food, veterinary care, toys and routine grooming for families in Central Ohio.
- Superhero Run 2018 Sunday 4.29.2018 – Come dressed as your favorite superhero and help support Orphan World Relief supporting orphans and at-risk children in countries where there are little if any, social services.
- Let Me Run Columbus Springfest 5K Sunday 5.6.2018 – Let Me Run is a program for boys that combines exercise, fun activities, and lessons that encourage boys to be themselves, build healthy relationships and lead active lifestyles. The Let Me Run Columbus SpringFest 5K is the finale of a 7-week 5K training program for boys all over Central Ohio in which the community is encouraged to run alongside them and celebrate their accomplishments.
- Ring Around the Roses 5K Monday 5.28.2018 – Benefiting the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center, a Settlement House that serves the needs of the Clintonville-Beechwold neighborhood by helping people get what they need to live safer, healthier lives.
- Columbus 10K Sunday 6.3.2018 – The oldest race in Columbus, participants have the opportunity to fundraise as House Champions for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio.
Which run are you preparing for?
Looking to buy a home in Central Ohio? Click here to search all Central Ohio Homes for sale!