The best time to sell a home is in the spring right? Nobody sells a home in the winter? Right?
Almost 1,000,000 were sold during the winter months last year in the US (December 2018 – February 2019). In the Central Ohio Market 5,784 homes were sold during that same time period accounting for 17.5% of home sales (November 2018 through October 2019). With online presence being a key factor (93% of Buyers use the internet during their home search) serious Buyers are always on the look out for their new home. Combine that with the fact that less people sell their homes in winter (there is typically about 12% less competition) and people who are shopping for homes are very serious in their search means more money in less time for home sellers who present their home to the market right.
Below are our 5 top tips to sell your Columbus home in winter:
- Turn up the heat – Create a comfortable environment to give the Buyer more incentive to linger and fall in love with your home.
- Let the light in – Especially as we hit the long dark winter months make sure all the lights are on (even during the day) and the windows are clean and sparkling and not covered to let as much light in as possible. You can also brighten your homes exterior with outdoor spotlights for nighttime showings.
- Keep it simple with the decorations – If you are selling your home during one of the many winter holidays make sure your decorations accent each room without over-powering the room.
- Keep it clear – Make sure your potential Buyers can make it into the house by keeping driveways, walkways, and paths clear of snow. Make it easy for people to actually get into the house instead of struggling through snowdrifts.
- Hire a professional – Who you hire matters and how you market matters. Trust a professional to help you with one of your largest financial transactions and to present your home to the market right the first time. With over 70 years of combined real estate experience and our professional contractors (from staging & photographing to movers and contractors) the professionals at Julie & Comapny | Keller Williams Excel Realty are here to provide you with the white glove service you deserve.
Are you ready to start the process to get your home sold? Click here to get started today!