The Christmas season is upon us and Westerville is an amazing place to celebrate the holiday season! There are events and activities for all ages in Westerville at Christmas. Below is a list of our favorite Westerville Christmas activities:
- Westerville Childrens’ Christmas Parade & Rudolph 5K Run/Walk – Presented by the Westerville Lions Club this event will be on December 8, 2019. The children’s parade is free to join (more info by clicking here) and the Rudolph Run/Walk is $30 for over 18 & $25 for 18 and under with proceeds benefiting Westerville Caring & Sharing & the Westerville Public Library. Click here to register.
- Photos With Santa – Stop by Pearlescent Photography during Uptown Westerville’s Family Fun Day on Saturday December 7, 2019 to get pictures with Santa, hot cocoa, coffee, candy canes, and more! More info here.
- Uptown Merchants Sip & Shop – Several Uptown Small businesses invite you to do last minute shopping while enjoying complimentary drinks and food. Drawing for $500 worth of Uptown Gift certificate prizes available for those who shop that day. Learn more here.
- Dazzling Christmas Lights – Starting on November 29th & running through December 31 this free display of over 100,000 Christmas lights dancing to music runs Sunday through Saturday starting at 6pm. Be sure to bring a donation of a canned food item to help support Westerville Area Resources Ministry to help keep those in need fed over the holidays. You can find more info by clicking here.
- Christmas In The Gardens – Enjoy Christmas In The Gardens the first three weekends in December at Hoover Gardens & Gift Center. With visits from the Grinch, hot chocolate & cookies, ornament paintings and more this is a spot for the whole family to enjoy this Christmas Season (even your four legged family members are welcome). Find more details by clicking here.
- Holiday Bubbles II – Start off the Holiday Season on Wednesday November 27, 2019 at Meza Wine Shop for an adults only tasting of 6 amazing sparkling wines! Can’t make that one? You’re in luck! There will be a third one on Wednesday December 4, 2019 as well! This is also a great time to stock up on hostess gifts! Find out more here.
- It Happened One Christmas – Enjoy an evening of beautiful renditions of classic Christmas songs featuring the Grace choir, orchestra, and jazz band along with comedy sketches to help relive those special Christmases-gone-by. Get your tickets by clicking here.
- Christmas Open House At Hanby House – During the holiday season, tour the home of Benjamin Hanby, composer of the Christmas carol Up on the Housetop. Enjoy continuous live music in the parlor, hot cider and cookies. Click here for more info.
- Progressive Christmas Concert – Benefiting Habitat For Humanity this walking event, stops for concerts at each of the three Uptown Westerville churches – Church of the Master, Church of the Messiah, and First Presbyterian Church – all within about a block of each other. Ticket holders attend a short concert in each of the three churches and are led to the next by costumed guides with lanterns. Find out more here.
- Uptown Holiday Ice Sculpture Tour – Uptown Merchants are please to present our annual ice sculpture tour starting Friday December 20th until they melt! Each block in Uptown features holiday themed ice sculptures during this last weekend before Christmas. Learn more about this amazing event by clicking here.
- Christmas Tree Toss – Supporting local programs 14 teams of 4 individuals will throw a 20 pound Christmas Tree as far as they can. Prizes will be awarded to the team and the individials (male and female) with the longest average throwing distances. Register here!
- What is your favorite way to celebrate Christmas in Westerville? Let us know in the comments?
Are you looking to live in the heart of the action?