A lot of the tips and advice online are geared towards first time home buyers but what if you are done with your starter home and ready to move up to a new and improved home? Moving up to your next home doesn’t have to be a chore. Below are our 5 favorite tips for buying your next home:
- Don’t renovate until you speak to an agent. Not all home improvements are created equal. Be sure to find out exactly what you have to do, what you should do, and what would be throwing away money.
- Figure out how you are going to buy first. Talking to a trusted lender can help you figure out the best option to move up to your next home. Whether you don’t need to sell your home to buy, you use a home equity line of credit, or get a bridge loan a good lender can provide the best option for you and your family.
- Explore the option of rent back on your current home. While it isn’t too common in a strong Seller’s market you can negotiate a 30 or 60 day rent back period of your current home once it closes to find your next dream home. Be sure to consult with your Realtor to make sure this option is viable for you.
- Plan, plan, plan ahead! Getting a home ready to present to the market doesn’t always happen overnight. From de-cluttering, to catching up on lagging maintenance items it could be several months before your home is ready to sell. Take this time to passively search and make sure you are ready to move on and up.
- Clean up any credit blemishes. Check with a trusted lender to make sure there aren’t any negative items that you need to address prior to actively starting your move-up home buying process.
The team at Julie & Company | Keller Williams Excel Realty is here to help you every step of the way. If you are thinking about moving up to your next home be sure to call us today at 614-259-8229. We can help you every step of the way to take the next step in your life. From contractors to carpet and lenders to painters we have you covered!