Columbus is home to a vast and expanding array of craft breweries. With such a wide variety of hops, flavors, and colors Columbus has an amazing beer scene for anyone looking to try something new. What better way to try out a new brew than to visit one of the amazing events throughout Central Ohio
- Columbus Craft Beer Week – May 11-19 – Brought to you by the Ohio Craft Brewers Association with representation by some of the finest breweries, beer bars, growler shops, and bottle stores in Central Ohio
- Six-One-Pour – Kicking off Craft Beer Week at Huntington Park, 55 Ohio breweries will be present sampling local beers with live music and food as well.
- Columbus Summer Beer Fest – Featuring craft beers from over 130 breweries. Check out their site for more details as they become available with 2 big nights of fun, live music, and hundreds of beers!
- Columbus Ale Trail – Do you want to create your own event? Travel the Columbus Ale Trail on your own to visit some of the newest and best breweries.
Are you in the mood to explore some breweries on your own? Here are a few of our favorites to visit (in no particular order):
- Granville Brewing Company – Founded in 2011 with the mission to make exceptionally crafted beer Granville Brewing Company’s beer is distributed throughout Licking County at local establishments (with a limited amount making its way west to Columbus) and you can reach out to them to set up a private visit at their taproom.
- Zaftig Brewing Company – Worthington’s only craft brewery brews, bottles, and barrel ages their beer on location. Brewery tours available with reservations and a tap room (with food truck food service) open Tuesday through Saturday.
- Seventh Son Brewing Co. – One of the oldest breweries in Italian Village with a massive selection of beers plus a full bar. With a rotation of food trucks you’ll never get bored visiting this landmark brewery.
- Temperance Row Brewing Company – Located in Uptown Westerville, Temperance Row is the first brewery in Westerville. Located in Uptown Deli And Brew there is ample seating along with a large, secluded biergarten in the back.
- Hoof Hearted Brewery & Kitchen – Combining a “young, hip, and affordable” menu with some flagship brews like “Musk of Minotaur” IPA or “Permafrost” Wheat Porter.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing – Combining a love of craft beer and food Wolf’s Ridge has created a gathering space for both food and beer lovers with a top notch micro-brewery and restaurant.
What’s your favorite Columbus brewery?